Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Memory Remains....

"Fortune, fame
Mirror vain
Gone insane
But the memory remains....."

Phew...though I had ended my formal education at FMS on 4th April with getting late and missing the degree on the Convocation, I didn't feel the pangs of separation from the friends here since we had a trip planned the next day to HP and J&K.....12 of us .....and true, its the company of people that makes a trip.
Had amazing fun, perhaps one of the most memorable outings of my life, took tons of snaps and visited lotsa places. Started with Dalhousie , pretty cold place, roamed around the Mall Road and chilled out in the hotel rooms. Day 2 , we went to Khajjiar Valley where I tried Zorbing for the first time. Had my stomach in the head as I tumbled down the hill in a huge ball.
Reached Dharamshala the same evening . We stayed in a place called McLordGanj which is home to the Tibetan refugees and houses Dalai Lama. Cudn't meet the chap since we came to know that there is a waiting period of 3 years after fixing an appointment with him.
From there on, 7 of us carried forward the trip to Vaishno Devi . Started the climb at 12.00 in the night and got up there in no time.....got down by 6.00 in the evening the next day, shot off to Jammu to catch the return rain.
Quite a nostalgic return journey , I must say . Parting with people at the Delhi station was a tough situation.....but then . life moves on ...and

"Fortune, fame
Mirror vain
Gone insane
But the memory remains....."

Some pics of the trip can be found at :
http://community.webshots.com/user/pranshu81

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home